Echoes- Echoes-

I'll just echo glbracer here...

Yup, hella lot better than the acoustic version. Rawwwwks! ^_^

Echoes (Acoustic) Echoes (Acoustic)

Oh I like!

Well... maybe a bit towards the emo side, but who cares? Sounds good. By that I meant listenability. Production could be better, but hey, it's live, am I correct?

Rock on!

Goot - Stay For The Weekend Goot - Stay For The Weekend

Hey!

Haven't heard from Goot for a while. Been busy prepping for my wedding. ^_^

Anyway, the composition is great! Production is excellent as well!

As for fighting chance on pop radio... hmm... it can. It's poppy-romantic; should work.

I'll hate myself for saying this -- it's missing that X-factor. It's a great song, yes, but not something that'll stick to my head.

Anyway, good luck to you and Goot! Great job!

The Morning Of-Shine The Morning Of-Shine

Beautiful

I'm speechless. 5, 10, downloaded. ^_^

starvingdude responds:

Woot, another download, and another 5 vote! =D fudging awesome, thanks jnry3

Ego-a-Go-Go (Hey Mr. Prezident Ego-a-Go-Go (Hey Mr. Prezident

Nice!

Pros: Pro-sound. Has a catchy melody. Very poppy (but pop is nice).
Cons: I don't get it (I meant the lyrics), but it's nice as is.

Euphoria! Euphoria!

Hmm...

Pros: Musicians have skill. Nice lyrics.
Cons: Lacks catchiness. Production can be better... the vocals can't seem to project the euphoric feeling of the lyrics. I'm thinking a back vocal or instrument that is an octave higher than the lead vocal to give that lifting feeling.

.:( Orion's Belt ):. .:( Orion's Belt ):.

Excellent sound, lacks feel

I feel a sense of adventure and majesty. Some parts feel of danger and, at some sections, of calm -- even dreamy at times. It can also feel goofish. Overall, the tune is trying to tell me a travel sequence. An adventure, it's one big adventure.

Problem though is that it doesn't feel... space-ish, as the title suggests. Yes, the song took me to an adventure, but not that felt like travelling in space. I still felt like my feet were on planet Earth.

But don't get me wrong... the composition is fabulous. Incredible, even. It takes ridiculous effort and imagination to create something this good. Yes, I said GOOD.

Maybe I was looking for a sound that will lift me up, or fire me up into space.

Here's the hard part... 'coz I can hardly put these in words... it feels earthy, but it tells of adventure. I imagined palaces, royalty, and chases -- even a dash of magic. Just lift me up, either by magic or by rocketship, and the title will fit.

Pros: Top-notch composition. Incredible complexity. I dare say one of the best on NG.
Cons: Earthy feel -- it doesn't connect with the title (at least that's how I perceived it).

5 and 9. We don't suck; we just need more practice. ^_^

NickPerrin responds:

Hey man thanks for the review. Yes, you'll see that I've updated the rant, which will be fixed more later, to reflect what was your last line in your review: "We just need more practice." Sucking is only a temporary problem! haha...

I Don't Need You I Don't Need You

Lots of hate in that spit

Hate and hate is fire on fire. Never dies until the gas runs out.

Anyway, I think it lacks variation. You can rap, but it's not enough if you want more people to listen. It needs to stay interesting, and the average person has a short attention span.

I know it's hard to rap, and coming up with rhymes takes a lot of effort. I suggest that there would be half-time and double-time raps in between to keep things interesting.

Hope this would help.

(NUB)Broken Windows (NUB)Broken Windows

Good track, but too Linkin

Pros: Excellent production, has good relistening value (as most tracks here in the NGAP are worth only listening to once). A job really really well done.
Cons: Linkin Park's influence here is strong. It felt like an offshoot of "What I've Done" without the lyrics.

You got my 5 and 9. ^_^

nubbinownz responds:

Hehe I get that ALL the time, and the sad thing is I'm not even a fan of linkin park.

But either way, thank you very much for the review and the vote :)

JACHNEZ JACHNEZ

Uhm...

Pros: Nice concept.
Cons: Needs tons of work to make it more engaging to listen to. To start with, the entire mix sounds thin. I know it's still very basic, but it needs to be tuned to garner proper scores.

I feel you about the low scores (got here via the Audio Ads thread in the BBS), but listen to those who spent tons of time over their work, and you will hear the difference. I know you've spent time on this work, but you need to spend more time and tweak it more if you want a higher score.

Peace man. ^_^

linkbryan1126 responds:

i did throw it together, but i thought it sounded pretty good, and it definitly didnt deserve anything lower then a 1

im not saying its top quality, although i think its pretty catchy, but it got hammered pretty hard at first